Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Help needed - Wordpress

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I'm considering changing from PHPBB3 to Vanilla. I'm using Wordpress as a CMS.

I've got several questions:

1. In Wordpress, would it be possible to make the commenter's name link to his Vanilla-user?

2. In Wordpress, would it be possible to use the Vanilla avatar instead of the Wordpress one?

3. Is Vanilla easily put into a Wordpress theme? I want the forum to be placed inside the header and footer of my site.

Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Comments

• Can't anyone give me an answer to these questions? :(
  • shinseijoshinseijo New
    edited September 2010
    Sure Hansen, I can give you a hand with some of this.
    Hi,

1. In Wordpress, would it be possible to make the commenter's name link to his Vanilla-user?

2. In Wordpress, would it be possible to use the Vanilla avatar instead of the Wordpress one?

3. Is Vanilla easily put into a Wordpress theme? I want the forum to be placed inside the header and footer of my site.

Thanks in advance!
    1. I know that there is a single sign on addon that you should look into that does exactly this. Take a look: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/472/vanilla-proxyconnect

2. I'd probably use Gravatar for both Wordpress and Vanilla since they both support it. There are a lot of people out there that use the service, plus you don't have to host those images which means less bandwidth used for you. I have a similar setup with Vanilla and ExpressionEngine - it works incredibly well.

3. I think you'd have better luck skinning Vanilla instead of hacking at the PHP in Wordpress to plunk Vanilla into it. Not only is it easier to install this way, but it's very, very easy to create a theme for Vanilla now.

If you need a hand, let me know.