Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

add an image just below "ask a question" in the sidepanel

leogopalleogopal New
edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi everyone,

I have the forum at: http://youthehypnotists.com/forum/discussions

and as you will see i have a nice subscription box in the side panel, I would like to move that just below the "ask a question" button and before categories and stuff, how do i do this?

Comments

• Options
    can you explain how you added the email updates box in the side panel to begin with?
  • Options
    Hi @bobtheman,

Adding that is fairly simply,
    you basically need to go to your main style file in your theme and add the code in the area, its usually well coded and readable...

but problem is i have two options, for the sidepanel, which is before panel and after panel... which is at the end of the sidepanel or beginning but not after the "ask a question" button... :(
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    i would go to the categories module in apps/vanilla/views/modules and add it right before the categories are listed... that way it shows up right where u want it
  • Options
    ahh sounds perfect, will do that right now, though does that mean whenever there is an upgrade i have to change that? @raise
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    yes... the only other way i can think of would be to edit your default master view but i think that's a little more complicated
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    can u give me the code for your email subscribe/like box? if u don't mind... :)
  • Options
    leogopalleogopal New
    edited September 2010
    @raize sure how do i get it to you? theres no file upload here :(
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    just copy and paste it here using the code tag
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    < code > just like any other html tag
  • Options
    leogopalleogopal New
    edited September 2010
    ahh the problem there Raize is that I used an IFRAME to do this because of the amount of code there... the css style sheet is huge (got it from Mashable, and reference that) and edited it to work for my own site, so it will be meaningless just sending that @raize... send me a mail and I will send you the zip file leo[at]TulsiWebCreations.com
  • Options
    Hi @Raize,

For Some reason its just not working... adding it to the sidepanel via the category module part...

I need to find how to edit the "panel" to include my "box"