Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Sign in link to nowhere: No login, no error message, fresh install IE8 and IE9

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
On a freshly installed Win7 OS, opening IE8 or IE9, creating an account on my site, logging in, going into the forums and clicking the Sign In link (points to entry/signinloopback/discussions) I'm redirected to the discussions page but do not get logged in and see no errors. Checking my application's ProxyConnect authentication page, the output comes back correctly for the new user. Seemingly though, the sign in link just refreshes the page from the user perspective. Why wouldn't it sign in or give an error?

Logging into or creating a new account on my site using Chrome or Firefox for the initial handshake between my app and Vanilla works as it should. Once that is completed the account can be used in IE without issue.

This is pretty terrifying because the point of my forums is for supporting these newly purchased systems. Hard to ask questions and use the forum if your brand new machine can't log into them to post with the software which comes equipped.
Tagged:

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    What version of ProxyConnect are you using? Sounds like 1.7.

Ideally, upgrade to 1.8 and clear your cookies. Should fix it.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]