Vanilla 2.6 is here
! It includes security fixes and requires PHP 7.0. We have therefore ALSO released Vanilla 2.5.2
with security patches if you are still on PHP 5.6 to give you additional time to upgrade.
Please upgrade to 2.3 here.
The 2.2 and earlier branches are no longer being updated.
This discussion is related to the Vanilla
Vanilla 2.0.10 has been released!
- Fixed plugin autoloader issues that sometimes produced fatal errors during bootstrap
- Added new routing HTTP response codes
- Allow .htaccess check to be skipped during installation for hosts that prevent such files
- Added SafeStyles configuration to prevent XSS linkjacking
- Patched potential linkbait vulnerability in dispatcher
- Patched email formatting - thanks ithcy!
Troubleshooting the Vanilla 2 Installation
If you run into any issues during the installation, you may see the "Bonk" error screen. In order to get past this screen, you can remove the following line from your conf/config.php file:
$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'error.master.php';
This will show you a more detailed screen of information about the actual problem you've encountered. Please include this information when reporting issues (copy & paste exact errors, please).
Upgrading Vanilla 2.0 Forums
- Sign into your existing forum with the user that was created when you FIRST INSTALLED Vanilla (the root admin user)
- Back up your database.
- Back up all of your existing files.
- Unarchive the new files and copy them over your existing files. Make sure that your hidden files (ie .htaccess) are copied to your server.
- Make sure the conf/config.php from your old version has been copied over to the new version.
- Delete all *.ini files in your cache/ folder
- Navigate to the page in your forum that updates your database (this will not work if you did not sign in as UserID = 1): www.yourforum.com/utility/structure
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button to run the update scripts.
- Navigate to your forum and test away!
For more help with upgrading, check out the Upgrading Tips and Tricks
DO NOT REPORT ISSUES ON THE COMMUNITY FORUM
Please report all issues on the GitHub Issue Tracker
. Remember to do a quick search through the issues to make sure your issue has not already been added or resolved.
See the add on page for additional instructions.
Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]