Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

V 2.0.10 - Endless reload and bugs?

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi all,

2.0.10 seem to be very buggy as well or is there something wrong from my side?

1.) If i load the discussions or the activities page, they appear for a second but the white out (white page) and keep endless loading in my browsers. Just happens when i'm logged in.

2.) Flagging in the Dashboard (http://www.myforum.com/plugin/flagging) appears renderd in plain HTML, no CSS.

3.) Dashboard Import gets me a "BONK" (http://www.myforum.com/dashboard/import).

4.) Some pages in the Dashboard show the "Who's Online" in the left bottom area, some don't?

Anyone has an idea, at least for 1.). My Forum is not working.

Greetz
phreak
  • VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Clear your browser cache
    Clear the .ini files from the forum's cache/ folder
    Delete your cookies
    Disable Minify plugin if you're using it

Results?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Thanx for jumping in Tim.

Made your suggestions. But the 1. problem still exists. ;-(

http://www.babyforum.at/

2.) is solved.
    • VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • Options
    Number 4 is my fault really, the who'sonline plugin will attach to every page except some. I tried to remove it form most dashboard pages, however when a plugin creates its own page you can never be too sure what controller it is using. I will look into make it more selective at some point.
  • Options
    The reload problem just happens when i'm logged in. Page gets loaded and can be seen for half a second, than the screen turns white.

@garimardell: It's in the admin area so i don't really care, but wanted to mention that here.
  • Options
    @phreak Try adding this to your config.php file

$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';

The errors should become more clear

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Mmh, doesn't work. The page stays white, doesn't show any Debug-Information.
    The Page-Source (HTML Code is still existing it seems to get flashed away just optical).

Downgraded to 2.0.9, interestingly the problem still exists.

Safari loads it to the end, white screen.
    Chrome loads endless, white screen.

Any suggestions, i'm happy its night here, but tomorrow my users will show up again. ;-(

• Options
    Ha!

I found the tricky little devil. It was the WhosOnline Plugin 0.8 (latest), which seems to crush my forum, trough a crazy loop thingy that it seemed to create. Chrome kept on loading the forum page endlessly.

Anyone else who experienced problems with WhosOnline 0.8?

Thanx Tim and garymardell for jumping in!
  • Options
    Still not working for 2.0.13 and WhosOnline 0.8, anyone having the same?
  • Options
    So, I just created an account on your forum and things seem to work ok for me. What exactly is the issue you're currently experiencing? Sorry to make you go over it again, but this thread has gotten confusing.

• Options
    Hi Tim,

The issue described come from a using V 2.0.13 (and versions before) and WhosOnline 0.8, the site keeps reloading and stays white. WhosOnline is creating some kind of loop.

You didn't experience this error on my forum because i deactivated WhosOnline.

I'm ok with this now, just hope a newer version of the plugin fixes this issue.