Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Where to over-ride a module?

judgejjudgej
edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I would like to over-ride the "menumodule" module of the dashboard application. Where would I need to do this? I would like to protect my code from upgrades, hence not wanting to change the core module script.

I have tried including my own version of the module in a custom plugin, but it seems that the application core module is loaded first (at least, my module detects that class "MenuModule" already exists when it is loaded on each page).

In reality I only actually want to change the layout of the rendering of the main menu module, but it does not use templates - the HTML is hard-coded within the module class - hence the need to override the complete module class.

-- Jason

Comments

• Options
    I wish you got a reply judgej! I too am looking to override a module. I'd like to override the headmodule in dashboard.
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    You should be able to just drop the object into a "modules/" subfolder of a plugin and have it work. The Autoloader has been rewritten since this post and should work as expected now.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]