Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

ie problem, cursor flicker!!!

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
when i logined, and input something in textarea, cursor is flicking from to arrow to Vertical bar all the when i inputing. this is bad feeling for user.
please deal with it! I hope vanillaforums better and better! my broswer is ie 6.

Comments

• Options
    SCREW IE6, its a *MAJOR* security hazard !!!
    get a better browser anything *except* IE

if it has to be a standards NON-Compiiant single platform piece of "$h1t" browser such as Internet Exolorer (*SPIT*) because of your blind corporate beancounters, at least use IE8 or an IE9 beta
  • Options
    I agree with @DavyB , but you should be aware of Firefox / Chrome / Opera opportunities which are standard compliant. Still, if you find feature X to be found only in IE 6, let me know. Other reasons not to switch are: corporate stupidity, uninformed users, dependability on ActiveX. Let's not make this a hate thread.

@abrody -- i am not sure there are people on this forum using IE, especially version 6. Even Microsoft said it will no longer maintain v6, if I remember well. Try upgrading to Firefox / Chrome / Opera / IE 8 / 9 Beta if possible and let us know if we can help you then.

/cd
  • Options
    So you sometimes get the double post problem as well, I have had it happen before but when I was re-editing a post, it just got kind of non responsive, I hid it by deleting the early part of the 2nd post and continued my thoughts in the second post.

I was never intending to make this a MS hate post, after all I was programming on Mainframes, DEC-10, Vax-11, PDP-11 and other machines before MS or Apple were founded. ;)
  • Options
    I get the double post problem because somehow, I clicked the Post Answer, request was sent, no reply back. So, I clicked again...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think I noticed you were using an email from a German University, I'm in the UK. this double posting could be down to latency of accessing (via Java either jScript or jQuery) transatlantic servers (en-CA) and (en-US) - I'll use locales rather than country codes since most of .us uses .com etc :(
    It occurs for me on other sites especially when accessing West Coast US/CA servers
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    We don't really support IE6. We try to be aware of how the site works in IE, but we don't got to any great lengths to ensure a "good" user experience. The browser is 2 major versions old already.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]