Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Embedding Vanilla into a Website

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hey there,

I recently read about the new add-on called "embed" which lets you embedd your Vanilla forum from anywhree directly into your website. This sounds pretty interesting for me, since there would be no more need to wrap a custom theme around it. I could just embed it into my existing site.

Now I am very interested if anyone tested it yet. I tried it with the given test code on a test site, and the forum did indeed show up. Looks to be a pretty awesome function. Are there any experiences yet with this? Is it like somewhat slower? And what happens if a user has deactivated javascript? Would love to hear some thoughts on this new addon.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    I think it's a perfect way to add a forum to your site, but I'm guessing it works like an iframe, so the forum content wouldn't be indexed with the rest of your site. Therefore people landing on threads through google would end up at the raw forum rather than the embedded forum. This is the only thing I'm wondering about, other than that there should be no issues.
  • Options
    I've tested it on a beta project of mine and so far I do have to say its nice but i've currently got a vanilla forum inside my current guilds design @ nbmsw.org/forums with out using an addon so :) I might just mimic how that was done and do it to my Wow UI website that is coming out soon. But Great thing the embed addon and it works well, I'm going to look more into some of it tho to very much give a better review