Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Poll does not appear

Hello, I installed the Poll plugin, allowed the necessary permissions, but the poll never appears. I assume it should appear somewhere at the "Start New Discussion" page. Right?

Comments

• Options
    There is a block in the side panel, which appears once you open a discussion - because every poll is tied to a discussion id. In this box is a link to attach a new poll to the discussion you're in at the moment. Hope it helps...
  • Options
    Excellent! Of course it helped. But I was wondering if there is a way to place a general poll in the front page as well, rather than for each discussion separately. The discussion's poll is a brilliant idea, but the general one is much needed as well.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Well, I thought about a general poll, hopefully I'll be able to put it in the next version, coming later this week :)
  • Options
    Btw, I'm glad to see you're using the plugin already!

I'm just a little concerned about how the community is going to use it, with every registered user being able to edit/reset/delete any poll... The original idea was that the polls will be managed by moderators... I'm just trying to come up with a well ballanced system, that would allow certain freedom and control at the same time...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    We'll see, but let me tell you an idea which might improve this plugin. At first, I thought the Poll would be embedded in the original post, you know what I mean? Just like the attachment plugin, where the main post is shown and then just underneath it, the poll would be displayed. If you can do this, I think this plugin would do miracles! Think about it.