Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How can i change the "New"?

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi, how can i change the "new" that appears in unread messages? This one - http://bit.ly/9s9aBR

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    RajioRajio
    edited October 2010
    I think this is the CSS you want, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken;
    ul.DataList div.Meta strong
  • Options
    I tried css, but does not work.
  • Options
    Do you want to implement it in a new language or you want to change it for good?

In any case, I suggest you look at how to create your own language translation of Vanilla and then take a look at applications/vanilla/views/discussions/helper_functions.php ... relevant code is:
    if ($CountUnreadComments == $Discussion->CountComments) echo '<strong>'.T('New').'</strong>'; else if ($CountUnreadComments > 0) echo '<strong>'.Plural($CountUnreadComments, '%s New', '%s New Plural').'</strong>';

This means that in your language, you would have to override the 'New' implementation (and the other one I think).

Good luck,

/cd
  • Options
    Thanks man! Works!