Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Sign Out not working - SOLVED

LordBoshLordBosh New
edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have installed the latest version of Vanilla onto our virtualised webserver which is running IIS and the latest version of PHP.
So far everything works fine - can sign in, create and delete discussions etc - but when a user clicks the 'sign-out' button they are returned to the discussions home and remain signed in. No error message is displayed to give any indication of what is or isnt happening.
Any help anyone can offer would be grately appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• As it seems no one is able to help with my problem as stated above, can anyone tell me where i can find the code that creates the sign out button? I am thinking i can change it to go to a sign out page of my own making that i know works on our network.

Thanks
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    What is the URL you see in your status bar when you hover the Sign Out button?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• The url displayed when hovering over the Sign Out button is: index.php?p=/entry/signout/'cookie key'&Target=discussions
    'cookie key' obviously changes with each log in.

The cookie would be deleted on closing the browser but not when clicking the Sign Out button.

I have found a work around for this issue though.
    It appears that the cookie was deleted if the checkcookie function in class.cookieidentity.php found an error, so i have hijjacked this...by changing the SignOurUrl value in the config.php file to pass a variable and adding an IF check to the checkcookie function in class.cookieidentity.php it now deletes the cookie and signs the user out.

In case anyone else is having this trouble, here is the code i changed:

In config.php -
    line 40: $Configuration['Garden']['Authenticator']['SignOutUrl'] = '/discussions?signout=1';

In class.cookieidentity.php -
    added the following at line 252:

if ($_GET['signout']==1) {
    self::DeleteCookie($CookieName);
    return FALSE;
    }

Thanks for your comment Tim. I hope this helps anyone else having trouble too.