Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

No scrollbars

NerukouNerukou New
edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I seem to be having two issues with my forum, and I'm not sure where. My forum is located at the link below. As you can see, the first post always has a huge white space before it begins. I'm also not getting scrollbars, so some of the longer threads just show the last few posts (you can't see the top of the forum). What can I do to fix this?

http://biotechmedical.org/forum.html

Comments

• Options
    Nobody?
  • Options
    It does this because scrolling is set to no, and for some reason vanilla embed does not adjust the height of the iframe correctly for you. So it just shows 1000px starting from the last post you read in that thread.

Now this is clearly a bug that @Mark may want to look into.

As a horrific temporary fix and i do not usually condone editing plugins directly, you can edit the file remote.js and change line 135 to

document.write('<iframe id="vanilla'+id+'" name="vanilla'+id+'" src="'+vanillaUrl(currentPath)+'" scrolling="yes" frameborder="0" border="0" width="100%" height="1000" style="width: 100%; height: 1000px; border: 0; display: block;"></iframe>');

Basically you change scrolling to yes so scrollbars are visible.
  • Options
    Can't you edit the css of the page to "auto" box? That's what I did.
  • Options
    That didn't do anything.
  • Options
    We have the same problem with one of our sites. I've managed to trace it to the local.js file not being loaded. This is where the message event seems to be fired and picked up and handled by remote.js.

What's really strange is that if I replace our embed URL with this one...

http://embed.vanillaforums.com/plugins/embedvanilla/remote.js

the resizing happens as it should. Even a fresh install was broken. Would love to have a fix for this... please!?