Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

When I add Voting plug in, Start a Discussion changes to Ask a Question!

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
why is that? can anybody help me please??

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    edited October 2010
    The Voting plugin is designed as a sort of "support community" plugin. It converts your forum into something similar to stackoverflow.com, and part of that is renaming the button. You can easily reverse this change by doing the following:

Create locale.php in your conf/ folder.
    Paste the following:
    <?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit(); $Definition['Start a New Discussion'] = 'Start a Discussion';

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• thank you!!
  • Hello Tim, and how do i change the top menu "questions" to "discussions" ? the script u described here changes just the "ask a question"
  • edited December 2010
    The culprit is the definitions in the file plugins/Voting/locale/en-CA.php file
    these can be overridden by definitions similar to that given by tim above, as always there are many ways to do things, the file in the voting plugin overrides the out of the box behaviour.
    Another way is to delete the file, better to modify the file or even write your own locale definitions making sure your definitions take precedence.