Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Self-Hosted Vanilla // Problem: Uploading Images

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello Gang -

Having trouble installing Vanilla 2 on my NearlyFreeSpeech.net account. The installation completed successfully and most of the basic functions work. However, enabling new plugins does not succeed. It will refresh the page and stay disabled. When I try to upload an avatar to a user account, it shows as having succeeded, but will not actually display the image (See: Figure #1). Also, when I check the server in the uploads/userpics/ folder (See: Figure #2), it is empty. I thought it might be a permissions issue, so I made sure all the folders referenced in the setup (Conf, Cache, and Uploads) are set to 777 (See: Figure #3). Any ideas?

Figure #1:

Hosted by imgur.com

Figure #2:

Hosted by imgur.com

Figure #3:

Hosted by imgur.com

Comments

• edited October 2010
    What version are you using? They just released a fix... 2.0.13. I haven't tried uploading a new avatar yet...
  • What version are you using? They just released a fix... 2.0.13. I haven't tried uploading a new avatar yet...
    I have 2.0.12 - I will try updating in a few minutes.
  • i'm having the same problem Version 2.0.18.1

• 422422 MVP
    edited December 2011

Have u got uploads chmodded to 777

Right click image not found and view path, sounds like path issue

There was an error rendering this rich post.