Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Redirecting my hosted vanilla to my embed location

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I would like to redirect all visits to my hosted location to where I have vanilla embedded. I could have sworn I saw some documentation about setting that path in a vanilla settings page but I can't seem to find it now. Is there a simple dashboard setting for this or is it a .htaccess thing? If so what is the line I need to insert into my .htaccess?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Its right on the embed options page, at the bottom...

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options

• Options
    Dang, this is exactly the section I remember seeing and yet for some reason I still can't find it. My embed options page (/plugin/embed) just has a theme, embed code and plugins. Just in case I'm blind, how do I get to that options page?
  • Options
    Hm... if that box isnt showing up on /plugin/embed.... maybe @Mark should look at this :p

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    That box doesn't show up until the forum is viewed through the embedded page. The first time it is viewed, it sets the "Remote Url" value in Vanilla. If you are viewing your embedded forum and it is not saving that value, it could be because config settings aren't saving properly...

@Joel - If you want, you can shoot me an email with your forum's location & admin login and I'll take a look: mark at vanillaforums.com
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited November 2010
    Actually, a better solution is to just apply the settings yourself directly into your configuration file. Here is how the settings appear in my conf/config.php file:
    $Configuration['Plugins']['EmbedVanilla']['RemoteUrl'] = 'http://yourdomain.com/forum/';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['EmbedVanilla']['ForceRemoteUrl'] = TRUE;
  • Options
    Cool that worked. Thanks again. Oh btw, Branden Hall says 'Hi' Mark.