Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Ruby twiddlers assemble!

edited December 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I might have said bad things about RoR in the past.. but wait, a change of heart :D You just can't escape the truth, RoR is just so easy for a mere designer like me. You don't have to know ins and outs of everything programming to use it. But I have read the book "Agile Web Development With Rails" and I would like to learn to use it more. So should I go with the "Programming Ruby" or can you direct my sorry ass to some great RoR community and tutorials? I want to mingle with my new found friends.

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    http://www.rubyonrails.com/ has everything and more you need to know i believe if you haven't already been there.
  • Options
    i'll second lech's comment. the rubyonrails homepage is more than enough info for most users beginning or experienced. i've played around with it some, and i've switched back to PHP for the time being, but it definitely looks promising.
  • Options
    Well, I have been at RoR.com, a good site for info I agree. But I'm a community fellow, I like to contribute to communities. So I would love to have a community site, like Lussumo. Maybe one of us should put on a Ruby community?
  • Options
    edited December 2005
    well, for that, just check out The Ruby Forums, and i think you'll be pleased. it's just starting up, but you've got to start somewhere, right? ;-)
  • Options
    Dear god. I just managed to install RoR!

I'm proud.
  • Options

The "Programming Ruby" book is great. There's a free version of an older version floating around that you can get in many formats. Start at www.ruby-lang.org, you should be able to find it there.

There is also Why's (Poignant) Guide to Ruby) which is great as well.

I've been using Ruby for a few years now and picked up with RoR from the get go. It's great.

• Options
    edited December 2005
    Yay! You've seen the Ruby-colored light!
This discussion has been closed.