Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

changing the width on the "Default Smarty" theme

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi
we're just setting up vanilla 2 in a wordpress site for a new project of ours. The embed functionality is superb - it took me about 3 minutes to get it set up and frankly I can't praise it enough.
Here it is in situ:
http://www.bangthebore.org/forum

The Default Smarty theme comes with a grey variation which happens to suit our site perfectly. The only problem is that it's marginally too wide. I need to shave about 10-20 pixels off the width to get it looking right. I'm reasonably familiar with CSS so I tried to get this sorted, but I just can't find the right place in the code - the width doesn't seem to be specified anywhere in the theme, and when I try to specify widths in what looks like sensible places I get crazy distortion of the page.

I tried the embed version which fits but it looks bad in our site and it seems a shame to embark on a massive facelift with my limited css sklls when the grey default smarty is *so* close to being perfect for us!

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Forget it, I was being dumb. Fixed.

I've only been using it a couple of days and frankly Vanilla is a fantastic bit of software. Really really pleased with it. Probably the easiest to implement and most all round sensible web app I've ever used.