Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Account Sign-up modification (re:email removal)

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello all. I understand the devs not agreeing with the few people who've expressed an interest in getting rid of the email requirement. That, however, is exactly what I'm trying to work around. I want the users of the forum I'm setting up to just be able to sign-up and start right away (re: don't question me about the potential spam problem, it's covered (and no don't ask about that either)).

What I've done is come up with this:

<?php for ($i=0; $i<5; $i++) { $d=rand(1,30)%2; echo $d ? chr(rand(65,90)) : chr(rand(48,57)); } ?>

And with a little creativity it's now an auto email addresses generator:

<form> Email: <input type="text" name="txt" value=" <?php for ($i=0; $i<5; $i++) { $d=rand(1,30)%2; echo $d ? chr(rand(65,90)) : chr(rand(48,57)); } ?> @ <?php for ($i=0; $i<15; $i++) { $d=rand(1,30)%2; echo $d ? chr(rand(65,90)) : chr(rand(48,57)); } ?>.com" </form>

(inserted extra CR's for readability, this will fit all on one line)

Nothing fancy but it works well. What I'm looking for is a place to insert this then use a "display:none;" style on that text box's li element. So far, in applications/dashboard/views/entry/auth/registerbasic.php (and the other register*.php files) I see the code for the email/username/password fields, but whatever this is it's not the typical php/html stuff I've ever seen.

Anyone out there know where I can insert my code so the email field is auto-populated?