Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't sign in after fresh installation

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi there,

I've just installed installed to my standard Dreamhost account. After the initial install I got the "bonk" screen, so I disabled bonk through the configuration file and was able to view the normal discussion page. However, after signing out of the admin account, the "sign in" link does not appear to be working correctly. Here is a screenshot of what I get: http://imgur.com/RTfSA.png

It appears to list the test message I posted while signed in. Is this a known problem? I don't seem to be getting any error message and have no clue if this is a database error or what. It happens in opera, chrome and IE.

Troubleshooting so far was to check that I met the requirements, including PDO, and that the permissions were set correctly for cache, conf and uploads.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• After the initial install I got the "bonk" screen, so I disabled bonk through the configuration file and was able to view the normal discussion page.
    How did you disable it? And how did you make it work? I have a feeling that it is still not working and that you found a workaround that doesn't work.

/cd