Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Installation Directory Question

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello,

My apologies if this has been covered. I checked the docs and installation threads and didn't find it.

My Setup:
"mydomain.com" points to "/public_html/mydomainname" folder on server

Per instructions I uploaded the "vanilla-2.0.16.zip " file to the server and unzipped it to mydomainname folder. I have 2 directories now within mydomainname folder:

_MACOSX
vanilla

Problem:
When I navigate to "mydomainname.com" in my browser I get a "No Index File" error. If I navigate to "mydomainname.com/vanilla" I get the Vanilla setup screen as expected, but the url is mydomainname.com/vanilla/

But I want it to install to the url mydomainname.com. I tried moving all files and directories in the vanilla folder to the mydomainname folder, but that results in this error when navigating to mydomainname.com in my browser:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/hermes/bosweb/web034/b344/ipw.gargotto/public_html/intelforum/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.12/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web034/b344/ipw.gargotto/public_html/intelforum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 529

How do I resolve this?

Thanks,
Majoga

Server Info:
Type Debian
MySQL Version
MySQL Version 5.0.45
Perl Version
Perl 5.8.8
PHP Version
PHP 5.2.2

PDO as reported by phpinfo:

PDO
PDO support enabled
PDO drivers sqlite, mysql, sqlite2

pdo_mysql
PDO Driver for MySQL, client library version 5.0.51a

pdo_sqlite
PDO Driver for SQLite 3.x enabled
PECL Module version (bundled) 1.0.1 $Id: pdo_sqlite.c 272374 2008-12-31 11:17:49Z sebastian $
SQLite Library 3.3.7

Comments

• Options
    Ok, this is really silly, but I might have a solution
    Per instructions I uploaded the "vanilla-2.0.16.zip " file to the server and unzipped it to mydomainname folder.
    _MACOSX
    vanilla
    f I navigate to "mydomainname.com/vanilla" I get the Vanilla setup screen as expected, but the url is mydomainname.com/vanilla/
    After you uploaded the files to mydomainname.com/ and accessed mydomainname.com/vanilla/ something got written somewhere. Therefore you get the error you described.

Here's the solution:
    1) Delete all files from your mydomainname.com/vanilla/ directory (in fact, delete the vanilla directory from mydomainname.com
    2) Unzip vanilla-2.0.16.zip to your local computer
    3) Upload the contents of the /vanilla/ directory on your local computer to /public_html/mydomainname/
    4) access mydomainname.com

Let's see what happens.

There was an error rendering this rich post.