Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

i don't get how embedding vanilla in wordpress works?! please help me...

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

okay i have installed vanilla on my wordpress site...

www.allthebestvids.com/forum

but i want it to be wrapped nicely in my website so it looks like another page. so i took the code and embedded it in a wordpress page which i named forum but when you go to the forum page it still goes to the basic install of vanilla. it's not wrapped up like it should be.

BUT if i change the name of the page to something like forumstuff then it works...

http://allthebestvids.com/forumstuff/

but i don't want two ways to get to my forum. in case someone came across it through a search engine and found the unstyled basic look.

is there something i am missing?

Comments

• Options
    Open the edit screen of the page you embedded it on. Look for page attributes in the lower right column. You may be able to apply a different template to the page that allows your sidebars/widgets etc.

Or, depending on what theme you are using, you may have those options in a different place. For example, the Genesis framework presents a graphical selection at the bottom of the edit page. I believe Builder has something similar.

Good Luck