Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Advanced search results - Multiple forums (categories) and Tagging

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
So I am very new to Vanilla, pardon any ignorance on my part. I have a few questions about the basics of Vanilla's organization.

1. Is there a tagging system that can be predefined (users select a tag from a dropdown menu with tags that I create as opposed to users typing in their own words)?

2. How many different forums (maybe these are called categories...) can you have on a site? I want to have about 10.

3. I want users to be able to select ONE of three tags for each post. Is there a way to return search results across the board based on tagging - for example, all posts (no matter what Forum/Category they are in) that are tagged as Tag 2.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Comments

• all possible, but might need a bit of modification of code.

1. Not currently available, but i plan to incorporate this in the next version of the "Tagging Enhnaced" plugin.

2. I think there is no limit to categories

3. Not currently available, but a bit of customisation on the search logic can do this.