Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Changing Links on Theme (hellllp?)

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
First off--all of you are amazing. This is awesome technology and when I grow up, I want to be just like you. I'm not a programmer (hats off to you studs), but I believe I can do this, so here goes:

I'm using Vanilla2.

I would like to do two main alterations and find an addon. Everything else seems to be working awesome to this point (knock on wood). Can you change the links on the theme and simply point them back to areas within my WP Blog and either modify or delete the 2 Vanilla phrases on the theme?

A) The links I want to change are the default ones in the VanillaPress2010 theme (Home (leave as is, to bring back to Vanilla home), About (send to WP About), blog (send to WP blog area), forum (delete), Contact Us (WP contact page).

B) I would like to alter the 'Just another Vanilla Forum' line to something else in the upper right corner or delete it altogether. I think the "Powered by Vanilla" link on the bottom is enough advert for the message board and want to leave that in place.

What files do I need to alter to make these changes?
My gratitude to the brilliant people here in advance. I know its a basic question, but I can't learn if I don't ask people smarter than me.

C) Is there an addon (haven't found one yet) that puts a search feature in Vanilla?

Thank you again. =)
Jaime Buckley

Comments

• Options
    You should be able to make most of the changes you're looking for in default.master.tpl
  • Options
    Thank you ChuckD, that's what I needed--not being a programmer. Worked like a charm.

Any idea where I can change the default "All Discussions - Vanilla 2" title that appears in the browser?
  • Options
    NM, LOL...I'm not paying attention like I should. Vanilla 2 has the field in the dashboard.

Thanks for the help chuckD. =)
  • Options
    I can not find this : default.master.tpl I do not have this file at all. I have a new install of Vanilla 2 and would like to change all the things mentioned in the op post