Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

An opinion on the latest version

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have been using vanilla for over 2 years (1.1.7). At the end of november, I switched to the latest version hoping to get a better performance.
Unfortunately, I had to switch back to version 1.1.7 because of a terrible performance problem. Both forums are on the same server and the new version was way too slow even after I disabled all plugins.
In addition, there were 2 plugins that I could not get to work on the new version: SyntaxHighlighter and notifi. These were essential to the forum since my users would subscribe to a thread and receive notifications. In addition, the forum is mainly for sharing java and C# code so it was essential to keep syntaxhighlighter.
At any rate, I followed all the suggestions to get the new version to perform at least as fast as 1.1.7. Unfortunately, after several complaints from my users, I just had to switch back.
The new admin section is excellent but performance wise there must be some problems to iron out.
Again, I am happy with the old version and hope to one day get a functional newer version.

Comments

• Options
    HortonHorton New
    edited December 2010
    I have set up a number of test forums and think it is still to buggy to move my production V1 forum over. Way to many BONKs. Too many little bugs. That said I love what V2 is designed to do. It is clearly a step forward. I will do a test install of every version of V2 until it seems more stable.