Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

How can I add a link along the topmenu, but change it's position?

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've been writing a tiny plugin to redirect to a custom page that I have on my forums, and succeeded in adding a new menu item that works, but it's right next to sign out.

Is it possible to move it left even a few places if not to being the first item?
Tagged:

Comments

• I'd like to know how to do this too?

Could anyone say whether or not this is possible?
  • JeffDunneJeffDunne New
    edited December 2010
    Edit $Configuration['Garden']['Menu']['Sort'] array in the config.php to set the order of the options.

If you don't have it set, copy it from the config-defaults.php file into your config.php then edit it.

Sorting for the dashboard menu and the order of modules is done the same way (see other settings in config-defaults.php)

• I posted this ages ago:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/9725/menu-position-code-advice
    May still help. For more dynamic positioning rather than editing the config.