Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[SOLVED]How to keep old discussions, everything when going from localhost to server

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
How do you go about doing this?

I have 2 test-users and I would like them to still be registered when I
upload my forum to the server, together with their test-discussions and comments.

please help...

what I'm doing is this:

1.) upload default vanilla folder to my server, then fresh install from there,
2.) make a back-up using phpmyadmin's Export button, of the old database that I used in my localhost
3.) create a new database in my server with the same name as the old one,
4.) using phpmyadmin's Import button, I dump the old database in the server,

the last one is where I seem to be getting lost, because when I did this this sql error came up:

Dumping data for table `gdn_activity` -- INSERT INTO `gdn_activity` (`ActivityID`, `CommentActivityID`, `ActivityTypeID`, `ActivityUserID`, `RegardingUserID`, `Story`, `Route`, `CountComments`, `InsertUserID`, `DateInserted`) VALUES etc. etc. etc.

#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

how can there be a duplicate if I've just freshly installed vanilla in my server?

Comments

• awww.. there you go, ^_^

as I thought it's the last one that was wrong here's what I did after doing steps 1 to 3:

4.) when I've successfully configured vanilla forum's installation from my server, I deleted, using phpmyadmin's Drop button, the database, then created a new blank database with the same name,

5.) once I've created the new blank database, I then used phpmyadmin's Import Button, to import all the old data from the old database..

haayss... sorry for bothering you guys...