Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

corrupted configuration files?

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I've been scrolling through the installation questions and haven't been able to find an answer to my situation. If I missed a thread that could help me, please redirect me.

I have uploaded Vanilla 2.0.16 onto my server account hosted by Loosefoot. I asked them if they meet all of the requirements (listed in the "how to post a question") thread, and they say that they meet all the requirements except that my account does not run on Apache version 2 or newer. My account is on an IIS 6 server or Windows server. Is this a problem?

If not, the rest of my problem is as follows:

I type the location of my vanilla folder (which I titled "forum") into my web browser and I get the following error:

IISPassword
The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. It is most likely that configuration files for this url are corrupted.

Please try the following:

* Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
* Open the home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
* If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the home page.

HTTP Error 500
IISPassword for Internet Information Services » IISPassword Info

I am very confused by this error, as I'm not trying to do anything with IIS or my localhost. Suggestions? Also of note, I am missing the config.php file in my conf folder. I've read that this shouldn't be an issue, but perhaps that's part of the problem?

Thanks for your time.

Tagged:

Comments

• even i am facing the same problem can you please help me with this
    Thanks,
    Vj