Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Line breaks aren't working for me

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm using XAMPP to set up Vanilla before putting it on my site. When I post a comment it doesn't automatically add line breaks like your embedded forum does. I've tried all default themes ( Mobile, Embed and Vanilla ), but none work with line breaks. Comments end up looking like this:

If I click view source I can see the source of that comment is:
<div class="Message"> TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT </div>

I'm running XAMPP on Windows 7, and I've searched across the forums looking for people with similar issues, but have only found confusing responses. Basically, I want
's to be applied where needed automatically so the post looks normal. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Comments

• Options
    SS ✭✭
    div.Message {
    overflow: hidden;
    }
    > so the post looks normal
    TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEE....
    ^^
    this is not normal word.
  • Options

div.Message {
    word-wrap: break-word;
    }
    I'd advise against using @S above over flow hidden, for example if it was a long url the end of it would be cut off. Same thing for long messages. Or at least go for overflow: auto; although this would give scroll bars. However the above code will wrap the text onto the next line.
  • Options
    Thank you, a combination of the two fixed everything!