Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

"Mobile unfriendly plugins" - Custom Pages and mobile theme

This discussion is related to the Custom Pages addon.
Hello - I'm trying to retain a Custom Pages link to a calendar on my site when users view it using their mobile devices. Unfortunately, the Mobile theme does not display my link to my Custom Page.

I notice in the Mobile theme that "mobile unfriendly plugins" are removed (for obvious and logical reasons), but I can't figure out how to preclude this function from turning off Custom Pages. I assume this is preventing my calendar link from being displayed.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

Comments

• oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    For Plugins to work with the mobile theme, add "MobileFriendly=true" to it's definition.
    Not sure about how to do this for application addons.
  • edited January 2011
    Thank you for the response, Oliver!

// Define the plugin:
    $PluginInfo['CustomPages'] = array(
    'Name' => 'Custom Pages',
    'Description' => 'A plugin that lets you add custom pages. You need to add them to the "pages" folder of this plugin.',
    'Version' => '1',
    'Author' => "Mark O'Sullivan",
    'AuthorEmail' => '[email protected]',
    'AuthorUrl' => 'http://vanillaforums.com',
    'MobileFriendly' => 'true' // added to try to make Custom Page link appear in top nav
    );

So I added the last line above to Custom Pages' default.php without success. Is there something I should adjust within the Mobile theme as well?

-Andrew
  • edited January 2011
    Oops, I should have used:
    'MobileFriendly' => TRUE

This didn't fix my issue though.

-Andrew
  • oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    Hmm... I think you probably need to modify the theme/mobile/... and add there the link to your custom page (calendar)?
  • I will give that a shot!