Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Mobile unfriendly plugins" - Custom Pages and mobile theme

Hello - I'm trying to retain a Custom Pages link to a calendar on my site when users view it using their mobile devices. Unfortunately, the Mobile theme does not display my link to my Custom Page.

I notice in the Mobile theme that "mobile unfriendly plugins" are removed (for obvious and logical reasons), but I can't figure out how to preclude this function from turning off Custom Pages. I assume this is preventing my calendar link from being displayed.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

Comments

• oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    For Plugins to work with the mobile theme, add "MobileFriendly=true" to it's definition.
    Not sure about how to do this for application addons.
  • edited January 2011
    Thank you for the response, Oliver!

// Define the plugin:
    $PluginInfo['CustomPages'] = array(
    'Name' => 'Custom Pages',
    'Description' => 'A plugin that lets you add custom pages. You need to add them to the "pages" folder of this plugin.',
    'Version' => '1',
    'Author' => "Mark O'Sullivan",
    'AuthorEmail' => 'mark@vanillaforums.com',
    'AuthorUrl' => 'http://vanillaforums.com',
    'MobileFriendly' => 'true' // added to try to make Custom Page link appear in top nav
    );

So I added the last line above to Custom Pages' default.php without success. Is there something I should adjust within the Mobile theme as well?

-Andrew
  • edited January 2011
    Oops, I should have used:
    'MobileFriendly' => TRUE

This didn't fix my issue though.

-Andrew
  • oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    Hmm... I think you probably need to modify the theme/mobile/... and add there the link to your custom page (calendar)?
  • I will give that a shot!