Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Where can I find a Vanilla developer?

DaveFairDaveFair New
edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I need to find a Vanilla developer to be our go-to resource for bug fixing or new add-ons. I see this as a long-term partnership, location is not important, although if Cape Town based so much the better. Apologies if this is not cool to post this here - please advise if there is a more appropriate place to track down a developer. Thanks, Dave

Comments

• I am also interested to this post.

• I believe @x00 can help you with that. I'm also quite familiar with Vanilla as well =)

• 422422 MVP
    edited December 2011

@x00 , @jspautsch , @ddumont @sahototaran are good guys.

@422 he is keen as always too lol may have usernames wrong.. Wish we had autocomplete

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Autocomplete would be nice, yeah, and thanks for the bump.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited December 2011

@DaveFair certainly happy to help, I have become fairly adept at figuring out and finding bugs. Having said that the nature of it is it can sometimes be a bit open ended. So probably need to figure out how this is going to work for us. Most things are the usual suspects, but then there is the diagnosis, workarounds and solutions. Send me a pm if you want to discuss. There also best practice avoiding bugs, etc.

I would suggest to start case by case, then we can go with what works.

New add-ons not problem, definitely like problems.

Joke is if the software industry made cots they would be like:

'...this is a beta cot, if anything happens like the bottom falling through and everything collapsing, make sure submit an issue and we will be on it as soon as we can...'

;)

grep is your friend.

• jspautsch said:
    Autocomplete would be nice, yeah, and thanks for the bump.

where and what do you want the autocomplete?

grep is your friend.

• x00 said:
    where and what do you want the autocomplete?

In response to what 422 said about mentions, it would be nice if mentions auto-completed like tags.

• ok nice idea if any of you like to sponsor me I might be interested.

I would suggest it kicks in after a couple of characters and only if there is a word boundary before the @ so it won't be unruly with stuff like emails.

grep is your friend.

• 422422 MVP
    edited December 2011

There was an error rendering this rich post.