Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

(SOLVED) Embed Vanilla (self-hosted) into Wordpress and keep private?

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is it possible to embed the self-hosted version of Vanilla into a self-hosted Wordpress site with these requirements?

1. General public (non-subscribers) see the homepage navigation link to "Forum" that goes to www.example.com/forum, but since they are not subscribers and not signed into the site, all they see is a login form? (They can't see the Vanilla forum at all).

2. Subscribers who are not signed in see the login form (like the general public) on the www.example.com/forum page and when they sign into the Wordpress site they now have full view and access to the Vanilla forum.

Basically, I don't want non-members or members who are not logged in to see the forum at all, just a log in screen. Any help?
Tagged:

Comments

• Ok, after digging around it looks like this can be accomplished with the ProxyConnect plugin, correct? So if I use ProxyConnect and embed the Vanilla Forum onto a wordpress page, then if the user is not logged in all they will see is the wordpress log-in screen, correct?

Then they login and voila, the forum appears and they can start posting. Sound about right?

Any other plugins needed?
  • *bump* hello? Would appreciate any help!
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    -_-

I don't want to get on your case, but all you have to do is click "Addons" at the top and search for "private". The first result is:

http://www.vanillaforums.org/addon/privatecommunity-plugin

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Thanks Tim. I found that and read it, I was just hoping for a little more information than the one sentence description. I'll do my best and come back if I have any questions.