Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is ProxyConnect a working add-on?

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
has anyone gotten ProxyConnect or any of the SSO stuff like FB, Google etc to work? I've been at it for 2 days now with upgrades and fresh installs with 0 luck. Any ideas as to the stability of these plugins?

Comments

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    They work quite well, but due to the fact that they are linking two applications, its important to get them configured properly. Maybe you should post more details

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    For the authentication URL it will accept a .txt file. However, generate the same data using a .aspx or even .ashx file fails. The contents of the files are identical, so I don't see why it ProxyConnect would not work with .aspx and ashx files. Any idea?

With the facebook and google id plug-ins, they fail on installation. This issue has already been reported.
  • Options
    In addition, ProxyConnect will work with the hardcoded .txt file only if you edit functions.general.php and change 1307 to if ($Success).
  • Options
    anyone get Proxyconnect to work without the code change?
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    edited January 2011
    That looks like a straight up bug in ProxyRequest(). I'll look closer at it tomorrow.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]