Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
Please upgrade to 2.3 here. The 2.2 and earlier branches are no longer being updated.

[Sitemaps Addon] How I (almost) made it work

This discussion is related to the Sitemaps addon.
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.2
I tried to figure out why the plugin didn't work "out of the box" for me.

Actually, when calling /plugin/sitemaps/build to rebuild the sitemap, this error is triggered:

Parameter 1 to SitemapsPlugin::Controller_Build() expected to be a reference, value given

To get rid of it, just remove the ampersand in class.sitemaps.plugin.php on line 69:

public function Controller_Build(&$Sender) {

becomes:

public function Controller_Build($Sender) {

(BTW I don't really see the point with this ampersand, since PHP always uses references for objects.)

Then it works! Well, at least a sitemap gets generated :-)

Additionaly, I don't understand how the 'LastDiscussionIndex' thing is supposed to work:

$DiscussionPostIndex = (int)date('Y',$DiscussionPostDate) + (int)date('d',$DiscussionPostDate);

Let's say today is January 31. Current index value is 2042 (2011 + 31). Sitemap won't be updated until index value increases... Which won't happen until January 31, 2012!

Where did I get wrong?

Comments

• Thanks for your response...

Still not working....

I edited that syntax did new post but no sitemap.index,xml in cache/sitemaps/
    I am using smarty theme and default.master.php
    Myforum/subdomains/sms/httpdocs/themes/defaultsmarty/views/default.master.php

Is it make any difference ??

• Just downloaded this plugin and while it creates a sitemap, it is far from correct.

If anyone has messed with this lately, I'd love to hear about it!
  • I tried to figure out why the plugin didn't work "out of the box" for me.

Actually, when calling /plugin/sitemaps/build to rebuild the sitemap, this error is triggered:

Parameter 1 to SitemapsPlugin::Controller_Build() expected to be a reference, value given

To get rid of it, just remove the ampersand in class.sitemaps.plugin.php on line 69:

public function Controller_Build(&$Sender) {

becomes:

public function Controller_Build($Sender) {

(BTW I don't really see the point with this ampersand, since PHP always uses references for objects.)

Then it works! Well, at least a sitemap gets generated :-)

Additionaly, I don't understand how the 'LastDiscussionIndex' thing is supposed to work:

$DiscussionPostIndex = (int)date('Y',$DiscussionPostDate) + (int)date('d',$DiscussionPostDate);

Let's say today is January 31. Current index value is 2042 (2011 + 31). Sitemap won't be updated until index value increases... Which won't happen until January 31, 2012!

Where did I get wrong?
    I made it work just by removing the & .