Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Anyone else have a problem with emoticon or emotify not working

abrownabrown New
edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
With emoticon text emoticons not switching to icons and with emotify drop down not working. Version 2.0.17.3
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I'm testing 2.0.17.3 and it works when posting and also when choosing from the text box. It shows five rows of icons.
  • Options
    which one?
  • Options
    I tried the emotify plugin.
  • Options
    which browser are you on and what platform?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I've tested in both firefox and chrome under linux. Are you not seeing anything at all?
  • Options
    I see the little happy face with the down arrow and my curser turns into a pointer when I hover over but then nothing. I tried firefox and safari on mac. Thought adblock might have something to do with it but no. I also disabled wysiwyg editor but that didn't seem to have anything to do with it either.
  • Options
    Just tried it on ie and it works. I'll try emoticon and I suspect that'll work too.
  • Options
    abrownabrown New
    edited January 2011
    In ie, vanilla won't let me sign in in the embed version but I can do so in full screen but cannot type in the text area when starting a discussion (problem with wysiwyg addon), emoticon crashes the browser. Emot addons go from graphic to text which is kind of backwards. So I guess jettison all three and focus on embed sign in issue. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I think I have the same problem.
    On IE8, the emoticon button has no effect but fires a javascript error in local.js (line 106, char 13, code 0, 'undefined is either Null or not an object')

On firefox, same thing: line 106: "href is undefined".

This only happens when using the plugin and effectively embedding Vanilla in a wrapper.
  • Options
    oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    @abrown my plugin "Emoticons" is not working in 2.0.17, if you have your forum in a webroot (like f.eg. /forum/). I posted this issue on github: https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/issue/737
  • Options
    @gwenl

Since you are having problems with emoticon, have you tried emotify?
  • Options
    @chuckD
    I'm a new Vanilla user, I just installed my first forum using version 2.0.17.3.
    The problem I described actually applies to emotify, not emoticons.
  • Options
    Yes, emotify works in ie, but not in safari or firefox. In any case, it doesn't matter as it seems that it turns graphics into text, which seems backwards to me. I went with tinymce with medium preference instead.