Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Quick question on 2.0.17 categories

judgejjudgej
edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Not having installed 2.0.17 yet to try it out, I have a quick question that I hope someone can answer.

Are there any discussion overview pages that will display discussions from a specified category and also include all discussions from its descendant categories? If there is, does it support RSS too?

For example, I may have category "Colours" with child categories "Red", "Green" and "Blue". Would there be an RSS feed that would give me all discussions from Red, Green and Blue together in one feed, without any discussions from sibling categories of "Colours"?

It is something I dearly wanted in earlier versions of Vanilla, but looking through the code, the APIs and discussion selections were all locked into single category IDs, and could not span selections of categories. i.e. you got discussions from all categories or one, with no support for anything in between.