Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Membership registration Acceptance

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi, I'm New to Vanilla and I have a question about the membership registration options. From what i see Vanilla has 3 options. basic, approval and invitation. I want uses to be able to sign up and log in without being invited or approved, that leaves basic. however the basic option requires Captcha ( i understand why its required) but my site is aimed at partially sighted people hence they will have difficulties reading the Captcha. i know there is an option to play a sound, but i found this difficult to hear what was being said, and the button to activate speach is really small. therefore is there a way to bypass the capatcha in basic registration mode. or ideally, all i want is an e-mail registration, i.e when a person subscribes they have to goto their email and use an activation link.

any suggestions or plugins - i did have a browse through them.