Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How do I set Vanilla to ask for an email confirmation?

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I like a lot of features of Vanilla, e.g the ability to embed it a web page, however I don't like the applying for membership process. Imo, "basic" is just an asking-to-be-spammed approach while "by invitation" is the-labor-intensive approach.

How do I set Vanilla to ask for an email confirmation before letting the applicant do anything on the forum?

More specifically, how do I set Vanilla such that (1) the applicant will register w/ Captcha, (2) then be asked (screen message) to validate his e-mail address, (3) applicant goes to his email account and click a validation link, (4) applicant gets back to the forum and either signs or is already signed in. This process is standard for a large number of forums and is very effective at keeping lots of spammers at bay.

Thank you,
Mike