HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

[Liked Addon] Liked addon Not working- infinite loop*

This discussion is related to the Liked addon.
Rardor81Rardor81 New
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm using 2.0.17.

When I click the Like button, a window (facebook.com api, blank screen) opens momentarily- and then closes- and then my forum calls it out again and it opens- and closes- and it just keeps opening and closing infinitely. When I manually interrupt and stop it, the Like didn't register- not on the forum or facebook. Not sure what's going on here, let me know if you need more info.
Tagged:

Comments

• Im getting the same problem on my site , When i click the like button it shows 1 person liked then it refreshes and shows the like button again. Checking on facebook and its show nothing at all.
  • I got the same problem. This is amazing plugin, pls fix it!
  • I'll take a look later, something must have changed in vanilla.
  • Same issue on my end. Would love to get this great plugin integrated on my site! I might do some poking around myself to see if I can figure out why it's broken. Let me know if you figure it out! Thanks for your contribution to the community Gary!
  • Go here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like

Fill out Step 2 "Open Graphs" and then get the code. Insert into your website file "Default.Master.Tpl" and keep the current Liked plugin as well......It works Fine!
  • edited February 2011
    Adding some <meta /> works nice for just "like", but when I add comment it appears on facebook with liked message author and... standard "join us now" text. Is it possible to fix this?