Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[STYLING] IE7 login popup transparent, stacks behind elements. IExplorer users can't sign in*

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi! I'm working on a customized layout of Vanilla using the Minalla theme with my own multi-element header at the top of the screen. It's right here: http://liminalnation.org/betav2/

I've got it looking OK on Chrome and FF - there's a rotating group of images in the top right, the background is where it needs to be and the main banner image is positioned correctly. There's some positioning tweaks left for menus, but at least everything actually *works*.

But in IE7, the login popup is absolutely useless. I can see text through it or on top of it. I've tweaked it with CSS to get it in different places on the screen and altered the color/transparency of its background, but it's still nearly illegible - and, more importantly, I can't actually click on the blanks for Email Address and Password. I've tried altering the popup's z-index in a few different CSS elements, but that hasn't worked so far. Internet Explorer 7 users can't sign in.

Any ideas, o wise Vanilla Community?

Comments

• Yes... although because I 1. don't really speak php yet and 2. already shuffled some z-index stuff around in the #Head and #Frame elements, I haven't been able to successfully assign a z-index to some higher element (like vanilla_discussions_index or something)... or if I have, it hasn't made a difference.
  • I'm wondering now, after wrestling with this for a while longer... does anyone know how I can go into the php files to *create* a higher element around the body divs? I'm guessing that's possible, but don't have the php wisdom to actually do it.

If I assign the z-index: 3000; to that (as per the Brenelz Web Design link), that should work, no?