Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

upload .sql

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I had an old forum, 1.1.9 I think. I saved the .sql file from my phpmyadmin. I upgraded to 2.0 and I lost all the content. My fault completely. Is there any way to upload all the old data to the newer version? The older site is now lost forever.

I completely screwed up, I admit it. I am OK with starting a new forum, but if there is anyway please let me know.

Comments

• Options
    There might be 2 ways.
    1) Install the old vanilla version, restore the SQL file and export it using the ... port application
    2) This is difficult. You have to figure out how the "dummy import file" is set up. As an example vanilla has provided dummy content you can import in vanilla 2. If you look inside that file, you'll see some text files. It's almost like SQL, but they've changed it a bit. Find out how they changed it (that's doable) and change a copy of your SQL file to the Vanilla import format.

For now, I'd suggest installing the Vanilla 1 version and restoring your backup.

There was an error rendering this rich post.