Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

My customisation

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi dear community,

NB: this is not a question, more of a shout-out for an amazing piece of software.

I would have liked to post this link in an existing thread, but it's not an embed like the sticky post calls for (as someone who is constantly opening links in new windows, I prefer not to go the iframe route)

After falling in love with Vanilla 1 which I've used on quite a few sites, I've finally gotten around to trying Vanilla 2 and after a few days of testing various things, I'm quite proud of the resulting forum that will soon power the Myows community and can be seen here: http://myows.com/forums (it just went out into public testing)

I still want to add a few tweaks, configure the "myProfile" plugin correctly and clean up the CSS, but I am so excited about the new opportunities that Vanilla 2 opened for our app in terms of not only forums, but also in future global signups, Activity feeds, and messaging system.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover the hashtag function and wonder if there are ways to make Vanilla's feed more Twitter-like where one can choose who appears in the Activity view?

Anyway, kudos to the team behind Vanilla - it's quite amazing.

Would anyone be interested in me releasing this as a theme? I'll gladly contribute by doing so.
Tagged: