Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Lets have a "Working with X Version Plugins List" user/dev contributed :3

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Simple concept, if goes well maybe admins here could "Announce" so it's easy to find. I've found it best to disable all plugins that can become wonky before upgrading, then I enable one by one. It's only add a small overhead for me to post up here what did/didn't work.

As more and more people help, we'll have a larger list. Personally I think the "addons" section needs alittle help but Vanilla's so awesome and light weight we can do this for now!

//My list (Example/Real)

Build: Vanilla 2.0.17.6 (Current)
Plugins
Post Count
/Version 1.0.2
//Bugs: none
ShareMe
/Version 1.03
Signatures
/Version 1.0.5
Voting
/Version 1.0.3b
//Bugs: Vanilla 2.0.17.6 In thread can vote unlimited times.
WhosOnline
/Version 1.1
RecentActivity
/Version .1
Pockets
/Version 1.0.1b
In This Discussion
/Version 1
HTMLPurifier
/Version 1.4.2.0.1
//Bugs: Screws up Vanilla upgrade, so far only plugin that I've found HAS to be disabled, we've since stopped using.

I'm hoping in the future to make a plugin that'll export a pretty list/image of enabled/disabled plugins for site users to see after upgrades so they know it's just broken for awhile. Maybe this'll give some hopes which necessary plugins will work for them :)

If this was dumb, sorry I thought it'd be helpful. Lots of plugins are a lot older then current vanilla and I was kinda worried. If something like this was around I would've gone ohhh bye htmlpurifier long ago.

Comments

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited January 2011
    First a question : Do you want a list of working plugins with version 2.0.17.6 (current one) or do you want a list of plugins that you can keep enabled when upgrading
    I myself would like to see a list that don't give problems while installing and that work after I've installed them

There was an error rendering this rich post.