Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Van2Chat Addon] Bugs and their fixes in a new release*

caerostriscaerostris ✭✭
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
If just found a bug with embed vanilla:
The javascript that displays the shoutbox of course is still located at yourforumsdomain.com/plugins/Van2Chat/van2chat.js , but the javascript try's to access
yourembedforumsdomain.com.shoutBoxtext (The div where all messages will appear...)

For security reasons, all browsers disallow the javascript access to this webpage...

Has anyone an idea how to fix?
(Besides removing the .js file, and adding the .js file to the header of the html file, that doesnt look godd...)

(If you didn't understand anything from above: Just know that the shoutbox doesnt work with embed vanilla ;-)

Comments

• Ok, i just started developing version 0.3.0, which will contain the following:
    -A bugfix for the problem above
    --The fix: use a jQuery function in order to load the text instead of parent.document.GetElementById()
    -Possibilty for admins to view the history of the shoutbox without having to acess the database
    -Delete messages
    -Minor improvement of js code to increase the speed of the shoutbox

-And maybe an UserAnchor

I'll be ready within the next few days!

Regards, Caerostris
  • It is closely done: Tomorrow i'll finish version 0.3.0 and upload it, just a function to view the history is missing, but it'll take me about 5minutes to implement it...

If a user is in a given role (and this role is allowed to delete entries), a link [rem] appears in front of every shoutbox-post. By klicking it the specific post will be removed from database.

By klicking [clear all] the whole database will be reseted.

By klicking [history] you'll be forwarded to a small (ugly-looking) page, where you can read all the post in shoutbox db.

I've got one quesrion to all of you:
    Do you think i timestamp in front of each post would make sense?
    (The sidebar is very small, so closely every post would take at least 2 lines...)
    If you want me to know your opinion, email me: caerostris[at]gmail.com ;-)

Regards, Caerostris
  • Ok, the new version ist uploaded.

Check Roles & Permissions, there you can give every role the permission to
    -view history
    -view shoutbox
    -delete shoutbox posts
    -post in shoutbox

Have fun with it, Caerostris
  • My bugtracker at projects.caerostris.com is back online, maybe a mod can delete this thread?
    Im sorry for that...
  • phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

The new version of Van2Shout is a breeze with Firebase Support!!

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Ya, it's pretty cool, the guys at firebase did a great job there! I'm glad to hear someone actually uses it ;-)