Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

"New" tag still appears in the "Bookmarked Discussions" sidebar

After using the plugin to mark all discussions as viewed, if I then bookmark a discussion, the "New" tag appears in the "Bookmarked Discussions" sidebar. Is this accidental?

I haven't confirmed whether or not this is a theme-based issue (not sure if all themes include the "new" tag in the sidebar) or whether it works for all types of user, but thought I should mention it.

Comments

• Options
    A little more info - this doesn't occur with Announcements, and subsequently clicking "Mark All Viewed" removes the sidebar tag from the discussions bookmarked since the previous click. However, subsequent bookmarks display the same behaviour - i.e. they retain the "new" tag in the Bookmark sidebar if they haven't actually been viewed.
  • Options
    [I'm running a 2.0.17.6 install, with a variation on the WCMTL theme]
  • Options
    (Please excuse the confusion with the User ID's above - this is all one person. I seem to have logged in with an old username in one of my browsers.)
  • Options
    [I'm running a 2.0.17.6 install
    Does the same happen with 2.0.17.8 on an upgraded / fresh install?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    CrusoeCrusoe New
    edited February 2011
    Same behaviour on 2.0.17.8 - I assumed the problem was with the plugin rather than the main installation version ( @Lincoln ). Checking again, I think I've mischaracterized the bug - whether or not an a discussion is an announcement or not doesn't seem to matter. It's just the first discussion you decide to bookmark/follow after clicking the "Mark All Viewed" doesn't show the "New Tag" - announcement or otherwise. Thereafter, the bug is visible.

It's worth noting that this isn't a but that would be noticed in the usual run of things, since one would tend to bookmark a discussion only after reading it.