Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error during WP Plug in install "The plugin does not have a valid header"

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I installed the Vanilla on through Simple Scripts. Found the Embed Plug in on Vanillaforums. Saved the plugin zip file to my computer. Installed new plugin through WP. Installed OK. When activated Plugin a screen comes up saying "The plugin does not have a valid header." The plugin doesn't show up in active plugins even though the files are on the host server under public_html/wp-content/plugins/embedvanilla. Any thoughts. Novice here.

Version 2.0.17.8

Comments

• I'm having the exact same problem as Chip. Please help. I'm excited to fully customize Vanilla for my site. Thanks :-)
  • Hi emly...

Hopefully somebody smarter than me can help us! www.WestAtlantaRealEstate.com
    chip
  • Chip, I figured out how to correct our problem. You have to download the plugins and upload them through wordpress. Go to the point you get the header error. Then head over to your file database. The vanilla plugins will go to your normal wp-content/plugins folder. You need to manually move them to community/plugins into a folder that you create of the same name. It's a bit of a hassle, but it works!

Good luck,
    Emlyn
  • Hi Emlyn. I am not sure where my Commuity folder lies. I see where the plug sits when I download it through WP. On the same level tht WP-Content lies I also have folders for Vanilla, cgi-bin, wp-admin, wp-content, wp-includes, The plugin installs in the we-content/plugin folder. Any idea where the community folder lies? Thanks.

chip hurt
  • where is the Commuity folder at?