Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Start a New Conversation" doesn't refresh and display first comment

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just noticed an issue with my site where-as there is no visual confirmation when you start a new conversation. The page reloads and the conversation is created, but you don't see the first message like you do here.

I'm running Version 2.0.17.3 using the BrandFriendly theme. Any ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• I've updated to 2.0.17.8 and am still having the issue. Any help would be appreciated. I'm about to throw in the towel on Vanilla.
  • Looks like I was missing the hidden form elements in my footer. Consider this fixed.
  • @matthewkris - can you elaborate on how you fixed this bug? We have the same issue with vforg theme.
  • edited March 2011
    View the source of this page and look for the definitions div. That is what I was missing.
  • View the source of this page and look for the definitions div. That is what I was missing.
    Thanks - for anyone else wondering (or building your own themes) you need the following snippet in your .tpl file(s)

{asset name="Foot"}
  • @matthewkris - that's a great fix that worked for the #conversations problem we've been having but... it totally ruins @TiGR's quote plugin.