Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Imported from V1 - embedding content

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have a V2 forum which has been imported from V1.

When I start a new discussion with a text link, youtube video, image etc. V2 automatically embeds it. This does not work with older imported content, only newly created discussions. Imported content is just left as text and not turned into an embedded a link, video, or photo.

Is this something other people have noticed? Is there any solution? Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Anyone have any ideas? Have I explained my problem properly?
  • Options
    This is the last thing stopping me from switching my site over to V2. Other people using imported V1 forums must have experienced this. Could someone please take a look into this. Thank you!
  • Options
    I have a V2 forum which has been imported from V1.

When I start a new discussion with a text link, youtube video, image etc. V2 automatically embeds it. This does not work with older imported content, only newly created discussions. Imported content is just left as text and not turned into an embedded a link, video, or photo.

Is this something other people have noticed? Is there any solution? Thank you.
    If you edit 1 of the imported posts, will the links then be converted to proper text links like they're supposed to? Or will they still stay plain text?
    If they are converted then there is something you can do.

If they stay plain text, then the import script will need to be looked at.
    The import script needs to be looked at anyway, but that's besides the point.

If you edit the post and it will be converted to a proper link, this is what you can do:
    (semi-code)
    Select all posts for each post do the following: process text like if it was edited (means executing the same functions vanilla will execute when you insert / edit a post Maybe execute some more functions like word sensoring, etc (if you have those plugins installed) save the post /foreach

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    Thanks for trying to help, but when the posts are edited they stay plain text.

If an image url is used and the embed an image code is used the url vanishes from the published comment but still appears when the comment is edited.