Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hey Mini, I told you so...

lechlech Chicagoland
edited January 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

Comments

• Stop it! I can't afford one and I really want one.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    lol, well this just goes to show you, that I totally said it last year when you guys doubted that apple would be releasing an intel based power book. Nearly EVERYONE doubted it! I however speculated it would come after 2Q, this is suprisingly early.
  • Very nice, they just need to shave that 412 off the price and i'll take it.
  • Well they haven't released the macbook mini yet :)
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    And what about the screen? Trubrite?
  • It's 67% brighter than their old powerbook screen.

No idea where that places next to trubrite.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Neato.
  • The screen is as bright as the Cinema Displays. I'm going to consider buying one when... They make a 17" version of it Adobe comes around with their universal software Corel makes universal version of Painter Atleast one of my favourite modelling packages come out universal (please let it be Modo) I'm thinking that it will be somewhere around Q3 but I think that closer to Q4 is much more realistic.
  • I don't care what size it is, I want one. Someday soon, I will have enough 'spare' money to get one. Lech, I think I doubted you also. SORRY!
  • I don't care what size it is, I want one. Someday soon, I will have enough 'spare' money to get one.

Well, enjoy the "galore" of programs that will run smoothly *grin*
  • I want a PowerBook Intel (not gonna call it MacBook)! .. Or an iMac.. Or a PowerBook or a.. damnit.. Now I can't decide! I want both =P

If this PowerBook holds for another year or so, I might buy an iMac, depending on my needs. But I'm guessing I'm going to need a portable, but this PB will do fine if it survives that long.
  • edited January 2006
    Kosmo: I dug around in the Modo forums, and sure enough..
    Matthew Craig

Nonetheless, I am happy to report that, I assure you, our battlestation is fully operational on OS X on Intel :) Seriously though, as of early this afternoon, modo runs on OS X Intel. It was trivial to port - kudos to Apple on that.

• skyfex, yup, they said that Apple has given them tools to make sure their tools are portable to Intel base and few versions have already been ported to both systems for test purposes. Now it is just waiting for them to re-release the 103 or bring forth the 201. I'm wondering how Painter and Photoshop are coming along.
  • If I ever get a new laptop for djing this shall be mine!
This discussion has been closed.