Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Upgrading from Vanilla 1 to Vanilla 2 and Extensions

avantime4mikeavantime4mike ✭✭
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
As a total novice I've been running my forum using Vanilla 1 for two years now, mainly thanks to help from the guys here and despite my limited knowledge it has been very reliable. I added a few extensions which have enhanced the users experience no end. I would like to upgrade to Vanilla 2 but don't want to mess things up. My question is, am I right in thinking the extensions won't work in Vanilla 2 ? If so do I have to uninstall them before upgrading? and if I do this will I lose any data associated with these extensions ?

Extensions in question are:-
Attachments, Autolinks, PageManager, SignOutReDirect, StuffDisplayer, Transmogrifier, WhosOnLine.

Any advice is, as always, much appreciated.

Comments

• Why don't you just try it on a test server? There are migration manuals in the documentation part, see how far you can go. You could also look up details about the mentioned extensions in the addons part of this site. Maybe you can find there that the addon is supported in v2 or not.
    Good luck!
  • avantime4mikeavantime4mike ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    When you say a "test server" what do you mean?