Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Wiki Help/question

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I love using vanilla forum, think its great and still learning how to configure it and make the most of its capabilities. Something that my forum/website lacks is a mini WIKI. I basically want to be able to create pages and let forum members add/edit content, something nice and simple

I have sort of achieved this by using the following setup.

Created a category called WIKI with special permissions so members have access to VIEW and EDIT discussions only.

Me as the admin can create the new WIKI page, then when a member views the page the cant comment, which is what I want, but they can EDIT the new page created however the only issue is when editing the available categories doesn’t include WIKI as I chose not to allow members to ADD discussions.

Would be good if EDIT lets them edit the page but remain in the existing category. The only way around this is to grant ADD discussion permission to my category WIKI – will just mean that members can create pages which isn’t a big issue.

This would be ideal for me but I could also see how a plug-in could transform the VANILLA format to a great looking wiki – i.e require approval for changes made by members etc (im still learning about wiki and have looked at several open source version but they don’t look the business and are too complicated)
If anyone has any suggestions about this please reply.

Ash
Tagged: